Stitching Times serves up stories, examples and tutorials about needlework related crafts, especially quilting and crochet. Almost all of the projects shown have been designed by Kay Stephenson

Monday, February 25, 2013

February Blocks


The February blocks finally made it to the top of my to-do list. Here is the block for the Craftsy Block of the Month 2013 (three as requested by the instructor and three extra to play with). The block requires a technique called partial seams that I have used before without actually knowing what it was called. I’m thinking that I should have picked this color scheme for March though. Very St. Patrick’s Day don’t you think?



And with the blocks from last month it’s shaping up to look more like Christmas.

Amy Gibson’s Sugar Block Club this month was a fun paper pieced block, and I continued my neutrals with more gray, tan and cream.

It’s called Northern Star and I think it works well with last month’s block.

But to be honest, the best part of the month was Amy’s flourless chocolate cake recipe.

Gotta love a club that gives you quilting and cake! 




No comments:

Post a Comment