Stitching Times serves up stories, examples and tutorials about needlework related crafts, especially quilting and crochet. Almost all of the projects shown have been designed by Kay Stephenson

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Score!

Last week I wrote about Challenge week over at Amy's Creative Side. Well I'm a day late with my blog post, but I did meet the challenge. I had a dozen 12 x 12 inch quilt "sandwiches" ready to go along to Nashville with me on Friday morning.

As expected, the dog did prevent me from doing much quilting in the car, and the events of the weekend didn't leave much time either. But, the first square is nearly done. You may notice that the swirls in some of the fabrics I'm using gave inspiration to the quilt design. These curlicues are fun to work and random enough that no marking is required. I find that sort of quilting most relaxing - much like free-form embroidery. 
Hopefully I can devote some serious TV time to hand quilting the rest of the squares and joining them up. I'll try to remember to post a finished picture here when I finish.
Thanks to Amy for the challenge. This project has been trying to get started for a long time, so it feels good to have made even this much progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment