Stitching Times serves up stories, examples and tutorials about needlework related crafts, especially quilting and crochet. Almost all of the projects shown have been designed by Kay Stephenson

Friday, April 23, 2010

Finished!

It is so satisfying to say that word. As in, I finished the baby quilt I was working on.
I did end up tying it instead of hand quilting, and I backed it with soft flannel and bound it with the same fabric.

While I was at it, I helped a friend with a few more baby sewing projects, like this changing pad.


She already had one, but she said she was using it all the time and needed another.
Isn't this fabric adorable? Do you remember your French? 

We also decided she needed a few more of these drool bibs.

Her baby is only seven weeks old, but they say some babies start teething pretty quickly, so may as well be ready.
Finally, she decided that the window in her kitchen, which never needed a curtain, might need one now that she is wandering around nursing the baby in the middle of the night.

Wild right? I can’t wait to see what they look like hanging up.
By the way, we found the patterns for the bibs and changing pad in Lotta Jansdotter’s great book, Simple Sewing for Baby: 24 Easy Projects for Newborns to Toddlers. Find it at Amazon.com by clicking on the top box at the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment