Stitching Times serves up stories, examples and tutorials about needlework related crafts, especially quilting and crochet. Almost all of the projects shown have been designed by Kay Stephenson

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Little Pieces: A Song by Gomez, and My Quilt

I was listening to this song today and it made me think of the current quilt project.

Part of the lyric for the Gomez song Little Pieces
Though you try your best you never find
There are pieces that are left behind
Last piece of the jigsaw
While the others are scattered across the floor
So you try to get them all up
There are pieces falling in the dust
That’s the way this one has felt for many days, but I am finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Today I finally reduced over 3000 two by two inch squares into 195 six inch blocks.

Now to scatter them on the floor, much like a jigsaw, and figure out just how they should go together.
That’s a pretty bad photo with the sun spot causing glare, but you get the idea.
If you remember, my vision looked something like this. I think it shaping up, but really it’s still to early to tell. How will it all end?

No comments:

Post a Comment