Stitching Times serves up stories, examples and tutorials about needlework related crafts, especially quilting and crochet. Almost all of the projects shown have been designed by Kay Stephenson

Thursday, December 8, 2011

I Spy With My Little Eye...

Looking for a last minute children's gift? I found a tutorial for these adorable "I Spy" bags over at Craftiness is not Optional and quickly make them up for all the little people in my life. Similar in concept to the game we played as kids, each fleece bag has a few dozen small items buried in the pellets. As you read the items off the list on the back, the child will push the filling this way and that to make the item they are hunting visible in the see-through vinyl window.

We have a neat little store nearby called Richard's Variety where I found most of the items to fill the bags, but I bet the dollar store and your junk drawer (come on, I know there's a marble rolling around in there somewhere) would yield up quite a few. Best of all, it only took me about an hour to whip up three of these. So up and at 'em crafters. Still plenty of time to make a few of these for the kids, grandchildren, or as in my case, an "odd"son (sorta like a godson, but different), a great niece, and a great nephew. Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment