Stitching Times serves up stories, examples and tutorials about needlework related crafts, especially quilting and crochet. Almost all of the projects shown have been designed by Kay Stephenson

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Modern Neutrals Block of the Month



October - Lucky Star
I'm really starting to love the quilt I'm making with Amy Gibson's Sugar Block Club. The designs are all modern twists on traditional blocks, and making them up in solids instead of prints gives such a different look to the project.
I fell behind on this one and had to scramble during October to make July, August and September blocks as well. 
July - Lime Sherbet

August - Camp Out

September - Come Fly with Me
Now I'm starting to think about how I will lay out the entire quilt. As I mentioned here, I've also been making smaller versions of each block, but haven't begun to figure out how (or even if) they will be included in the final quilt top. Stay tuned with just two more months to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment