Stitching Times serves up stories, examples and tutorials about needlework related crafts, especially quilting and crochet. Almost all of the projects shown have been designed by Kay Stephenson

Monday, February 28, 2011

More Scarves

I’ve made a few more scarves this winter. I really do love them, and they are quite practical here in Atlanta. Of course we wear them outdoors on the few really cold days of winter, but they also pair with a long sleeved tee in fall and early spring, when you don’t quite need a jacket. This one is another Tunisian Simple Stitch scarf.
It was actually supposed to be a shawl, but after a few dozen rows, I concluded that the pattern had an error and I was going to need four more skeins. This Manos Del Uruguay Silk Blend  isn't all that expensive for the quality, but 8 skeins of it would have made the shawl too “spendy” as one of my friends would say.  The color of this multi yarn is called Stellar, and it has an amazing hand.
I also made another tunisian scarf just like one of the ones I showed you in this post. The Artyarns Silk Rhapsody Glitter is 50% silk and 50% Kid Mohair and super soft. The best part is that one skein makes the scarf. This one ended up being a birthday gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment